Thursday, December 23, 2010

Coming Home


Merry Christmas y'all. I'm back in Minnesota for a week and I have to be honest, I don't miss the traffic in the Twin Cities or the weather. The trip was kind of epic; started out at 6:30am and within the first 15 minutes I almost hit a moose driving towards Jackson from Victor, ID. I drove past the elk refuge just outside of Jackson and saw more 300 class bull elk than one could ever imagine in one place. Driving through Teton National Park and then up and over another pass was filled with more elk and moose and because the road was completely snow packed with more snow falling, I averaged about 45 mph for about the first 150 miles. Wyoming roads pretty much sucked until I got on the Interstate but from there on through South Dakota the roads were perfect. I only made it to Sioux Falls, SD the first day but listening to books and then to the Sunday night football game, it went pretty fast. Day two; total white-out. What should have been a 4 hour drive took well over 6. Glad to be done. Can't wait to head back.

No comments:

Post a Comment