Thursday, December 1, 2011

Where the Heck Am I?



Holy smokes. I must not have been to a big city for a while. Did you know you can actually plug parking meters with credit cards?


I went down to Denver from Fort Collins yesterday to hook up with a couple buddies I reconnected with on facebook. Yeah I know, some people think facebook is evil but honestly, I think it's awesome. I've gotten back in touch with quite a few people and re-established some great friendships. I'm a fan. One of the guys last night I hadn't seen from my Alternative Youth Adventures days about 11 years ago and the other I hadn't seen or even talked to since fricken high school.


We all met at Celtics Tavern in down town Denver for beers. Erik, my old class mate, and I played little league baseball together but in high school we didn't really hang out that much. We both love to fly fish now, which is kind of how we started talking last year. It was really cool to see him and catch up. We might even do a little fly fishing this weekend.


As for my buddy from AYA, it was great to get back in touch with Dan. He was a guy in that program that taught me a ton and although we didn't always agree, I think in the end we did some amazing work with the kids we had in our groups. We hung out for a few hours and I got the chance to play some music again. Celtics has an open mic too.


At the end of the open mic the host asked me to come by for a bigger show at a place called Paris's on Monday. If I'm still around I might have to check it out. Keep 'em where they live y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment