Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Worm Box is Full


Not much going on right now as the weather is just a bit cold for me to do much in the way of serious fishing. However, if you're willing to layer up, lots of fish are up eating midges between the dam and Wolf Creek. And you can always get a few swinging streamers through soft water. On the days I do get out, (like yesterday taking a break from tying worms,) I like to go after walleyes below the dam. You don't catch many right now but if you do, it's pretty cool.

So as you can see, I've been working hard on my worm box. The last few years with the high water, my worms ran out in the first couple weeks and there's just something really wrong with spending money on San Juan worms. Who knows what this Spring will bring but I'm going to be prepared.

Speaking of which, I just checked out an article on from the Ravalli Republic on snow pack for the year. It seems as though we are at about 84% of normal snow pack for the season in the Missouri Basin. (This includes the Madison, Jefferson and Gallatin Rivers.) Last year at this time we were at 113%. As for Canyon Ferry; it's at 82.7% full. This looks really good for the upcoming season but it can all change and has in the past with Spring storms. Regardless, I'll have plenty of worms no matter what the weather brings.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment