Thursday, June 6, 2013

Great Day, Great Night

I took the boys staying up at the Wolf Creek Lodge out fishing yesterday with Pete Cardinal and Jeff Johnson. We floated the lower canyon thinking we would have some good caddis going off. We did have good fishing on nymphs for most of the morning and then go some really good fish on dries in the afternoon. We blind casted the "labrador" over riffles with a pupa dropper. We didn't get a ton of fish to come up but there's nothing better than watching a big brown crush a dry.

The guys were fun. We had a great time with giving each other shit about everything from fishing to politics. Yes, politics. It didn't get heated but there were a lot of darts thrown. The asked me up for dinner and drinks and I had some of the best ribs I've had in a long time. Look forward to today but my head hurts.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment