Thursday, August 15, 2013

Forty-Three

Yep, I hit forty-three yesterday. Of course, I was on the river working so I figured it would play out just like any other day, which is pretty good considering where my office is. I took this picture and sent it to my nephew, Jarrid, after he texted me asking how Montana was. Well, it's wonderful and because I woke up to a bunch of simple messages from a bunch of special people on a day that used to seem like more of a big deal before 42 of them passed me by, the 43rd did seem special. I want to take a minute to say a big thank you to all the folks out there that took the time to say happy birthday. I think the coolest thing about fb and texting is that it makes it easy to let someone know you're in their minds. It's not about how many likes a person gets when they post something or how many people you can get to join you in a game. It's just getting a simple "happy birthday" from people like cousins, people you traveled with almost two decades ago, your family, classmates or people you guided and you realize how many people that are out there that inspire you to be who you are. Thanks again! Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment