Friday, November 8, 2013

If You Love Something...

It goes, "If you love some[one]thing, set it free. If it comes back to you it was meant to be..."

In 2009, I left my boat sitting at the Craig ramp while doing a shuttle back from the Wolf Creek Bridge. I squall came in with 40 mph winds half-way to my truck and I just knew something bad was happening. I was in such a hurry that I had left two of my jackets hanging on the seats. One was a fleece and the other was a shell with my wallet in it.

I raced back to the ramp with my fears confirmed as both jackets were blown from the boat and nowhere in sight. I went to Bloomquist's to try to get his jet-sled to look for the jackets because the wallet had about $300 in it. We looked up and down the river for about 3 miles. We found the fleece but no shell.

A couple weeks ago I got a text from Mike Kuhnert saying my jacket was found! Yeah, four and a half years later, Greg Falls found my jacket hanging from a tree on one of the islands at Mid-Canon! He was walking up into the bushes to take care of a little business when he saw it and thought he'd at least pick it up to clean up some trash. Mike happened to be parked on the same island and grabbed the jacket and rifled through the pockets to see if there was any ID. He busted out laughing when he pulled my license out of the wallet.

"Anyone we know?" Greg asked.

"Oh yeah, you'll never believe this..." Kuhnert replied.

Unfortunately, as well preserved the credit cards, my driver's license and fishing license were, the cash was completely disintegrated with the exception of the security strips embedded into the paper...still out the $300.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment