Sunday, December 29, 2013

Sportsman Channel to feature segment filled on the Missouri River

Sportsman Channel to feature segment filled on the Missouri River

With the holiday's in full swing and Jill and I trekking cross country to see family, there hasn't been a lot of participating in the outdoors. There has, however, been a lot of eating of those tasty treats from this fall's endeavors. While at my mom's in Minnesota, (which by the way was crazy cold and I'm glad to be back in the more moderate climate of Montana,) we had a secondary Christmas meal the day after with an elk roast, elk chops, duck and antelope. I'm starting to really like antelope; Jill...not so much. The meal was a success and it gave us one more chance to spend some quality time with my family back in Brainerd, MN. Good times for sure.

On the way back we decided to stop in Bismarck to cut the trip into two short days instead of one 14 hour drive. We ate at the Pirogue CafĂ© and I have to say, it was really nice. We ate pheasant for an appetizer, just to keep with the wild tradition but since I haven't had much sea-food for a while and I have a ton of red meat in the freezer, I had to try their scallops. I know; Bismarck, ND isn't probably your first choice for sea-food but let me tell you, no disappointment here.

So driving through Montana yesterday, my good friend John LaRue text messaged me telling me about this article he read in the Helena IR. Last September I guided a day for the Gypsy Angler with Ray Van Horn show that airs on the Sportsman Channel. The day I guided them, I actually fished with friend of the host, Stu Apte. The article tells a little bit about the show and what to expect. It also gives a link to the trailer. If you get a chance, check it out and if you can be watching the Sportsman Channel next Saturday at 9:30 ET, please watch. You'll probably get some new ammo to use against me.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment