Monday, February 24, 2014

Big Open II

 
Take that "Big Open!"
 
Last year this run absolutely kicked my ass. This year...ok, I'm not going to lie. I took a couple diggers the first time but I owned it eventually. It may not have looked pretty but I owned it.
 
In all honesty, the Great Divide Ski Area is not all that technical and they usually don't get a ton of snow, but this weekend the absolutely did, which opens up a lot of terrain--terrain that doesn't usually get a lot of pressure--and a lot of tree runs. I don't like trees; I'm not going to lie. When you hit them, they don't usually move and that hurts but with all the snow, you feel like you can pretty much do anything.
 
Ok, so the real significance for all this is that we are getting a TON of snow!! Snow is good and even though that means fishing right now is out, the much needed water in the system for the upcoming year is worth it. It is winter in Montana, which is what makes the summers so great. If you want to check out the updated snow-pack report for Montana, here's the website.
http://www.wrds.uwyo.edu/wrds/nrcs/updatesur/update-mt.html
 
I think now my cautious optimism is leaning more towards excitement for the upcoming fishing conditions for 2014.
 
Keep 'em where they live...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment