Thursday, August 14, 2014

Fishing with D'Boyz

 
I had a day off yesterday so John LaRue, Tanner Duncan and I decided to hit the river to do a little hopper fishing. I've been watching people throw hoppers in the afternoons now for the past week or so and I've been itching to do it myself. When it's on there is nothing better and it's been pretty good. I always wondered what it would be like with a few guides in the boat trading up on the pole position...pretty stupid.
 
I started off in the back with John in the front and Tanner on the sticks. We were on by about 8:30 and jumped the first fish on a big 'ole Morrish by about 8:40. The next one was around 8:50 and then again and again...We changed up a few times and ran into about an hour of down-time but it picked back up and by 2:00; let's just say we landed a fair amount and missed a BUNCH, (my percentages weren't very good. I blame the negative energy from the peanut gallery..just sayin.)
 
We got a lot on various hoppers of different sizes and colors but missed a ton on the Curtis' Hi-Vis brown/gold para-ant. Good luck finding them because it's an Idylwilde fly and they ain't making them anymore. I looked all over and finally found a couple and snatched them up. Sorry. I'll save them for the next folks I have the pleasure of taking out. The fishing's still good and I've got some days open next week. I'll save you a couple ants if you want in.
 
Keep 'em where they live...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment