Saturday, June 13, 2015

Favorites

 
I'm not going to lie, I do play favorites from time to time. Linda and Fred are two folks I've fished with the past couple years I'll definitely put into that fav's category--great folks who have realistic expectations, grateful for the hard work we do and on top of it all, they are great students.
 
I showed up at the lodge the other day remembering a little bit from the year before and gearing myself up for the day. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that some people are just there for the boat ride and the fishing is secondary. Some people just won't develop into great anglers and they really don't want to be so that day, picking Linda and Fred up, I really thought we would catch a few fish and just have a good day chatting and talking about life. The first time Linda's indicator went down that entire perception changed.
 
Linda was getting it done that first day on the river with these two. It was crazy. She was whacking fish like a pro and loving it and about five minutes from the Craig boat ramp I was like, "Who is this woman?"
 
That was truly a fun day. Those guys caught so many fish and at 2 o'clock, they were done. Perfect. The next day was a little tougher with gusts blowing into to 40's but that first day; I'm sure they'll never forget it and I know I won't. Can't wait 'til next year.
 
Keep 'em where they live... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment