Monday, June 29, 2015

The Ron and Buzz Show-2015

 
My good friends and clients, Ron and Buzz are up for the week. They've made an appearance on the blog many of times. I've been guiding them since 2007 and really look forward to seeing them out here--both good natured dudes that can dish it out as well as they take it and after nine years, I don't even have to tell them to "hit it!" In all honesty, they really have come a long ways and it has paid off.
 
As you may have heard, it's hot out here. Really hot. The last couple days broke the century mark so getting out early and off early is the name of the game. However, the fish don't seem to be on the same program. No bugs in the morning mean fish don't eat although I saw a bunch of tricos yesterday so that will soon change.
 
We did get a few fish right away and then we went silent for a while. I switched bugs a bunch of times going from PMD's to tricos to pheasant tails and hairs ears and caddis pupas and nothing. I was just about to chalk the day up to the heat when we rowed passed a huge weed bed--beds that shouldn't be here for another month or so, and noticed what little bug activity there was, was pretty telling and from about 11am on, we started stroking them. Go big my friends.
 
Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment