Wednesday, December 30, 2015

It Was Me



The duck hunters that set up on the Northwest side of the Sterling Island across from the toilet bowl, if you're wondering who and why your blind got destroyed, it was me and it's because I'm tired of cleaning up all the crap you guys always leave behind. It's been going on for years now and I have left notes, I've written about it, I've asked nicely for you to clean up after yourselves so you don't ruin it for the folks that do but you keep leaving all your shit behind and we are tired of it. So from now on, when I see your garbage and your empty shotgun shells, I'll continue to pick them up but I'm also going to destroy your blind and maybe, just maybe you'll get it.

Here's the deal. The ranch has been more than a little generous allowing access to the river through their property. A lot of ranches on a lot of rivers won't grant that access and do you know why? Some of it is because they want to keep certain stretches to themselves but by in large, (and I've had this conversation with landowners,) it's because they are tired of cleaning up the messes left behind by sportsmen.

When I first heard this, I kind of got defensive and argued that it can't be the sportsmen. WE can't be the ones that are leaving crap behind but you know what? It's true. There are a lot of hunters and fisherman that just don't get it and it's because of them that the rest of us lose the PRIVILEGE of gaining access to private lands to engage in the PRIVILEGE of hunting and fishing.

So if you're reading this and you know who I'm talking about or if you're having a beer at the brewery and you overhear a conversation about someone wondering why their blind got torn apart, let them know why and who did it and if they want to talk about it, send them my way.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment