Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Cha' Ching

 
Still under the weather and still saving myself money. This Czech nymph is a staple fly on the Mo so if you're ok with nymph fishing and just want to catch fish, this guy will get it done just about any day of the year. It's relatively easy to tie and works well as a lead fly when you want to get your bugs down.
 
As you can see in the background, I've been getting after it a little bit these last couple days of house-arrest. A lot of coffee, some cold medicine and I've probably saved myself $300 in flies and maybe more than that since I know these flies will stay intact for more than a couple fish. It's difficult to get myself the sit down at the vise and tie but it is a necessary chore that can save yourself hundreds, if not thousands of dollars throughout the season. It also gives you a chance to experiment and maybe even put your stamp on something.
 
What's next? Zebra midges, crayfish, buggers, super flash PT's, more lightening bugs, tiny little mirage nymphs, caddis pupas, and soft hackles. Oh yeah, and worms...I guess I'm feeling a little motivation.
 
Keep 'em where they live...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment