Monday, June 27, 2016

Check



Ten years of guiding anglers on the Missouri and this was the first perch we've ever caught. It's no surprise with all of them in Holter Lake that they would find their way to our neck of the woods. Congrats Ned.

So let's see; that a perch, walleyes, long nose suckers, obviously rainbows and browns, brook trout and cutties--all on flies. Oh yeah, and white fish. I think I had a guy hook a carp once too and I know I've had carp scales on my streamer swinging for walleyes in the spring. And I also could swear I had a guy hook a small mouth bass on the lower stretch but it jumped and spit the hook. We both looked at each other a few minutes later and I said, "Small mouth bass?"

He said, "Well, I wasn't going to say anything but..."

That's quite a diverse fishery.

Keep 'em where they live...

1 comment:

  1. Last year I got a perch too. Looking for the Mo Grand Slam.

    ReplyDelete