Saturday, June 18, 2016

Drake


This is the drake we get excited about out here in Montana.

A couple days ago, these guys were drifting sporadically downstream with all the PMD's. I don't think the trout knew what they were yet but they will and then, Oh boy! The best dry-fly fishing I had ever seen was my second year guiding and a buddy of mine and I hit the drakes on just the right day and in just the right conditions and every brown trout in the Missouri was cruising around looking for an opportunity at taking one of these steak sandwiches. We had about 4 hours of blind casting big bugs anywhere out in the middle of the river; watching 18 inch browns crushing our flies. I've dreamt of hitting it again someday but it rarely happens. It's kind of like chasing the salmon flies on other streams. Maybe this year. Maybe today.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment