Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Fish of 101 Casts

 
 I fished with Al Caucci yesterday. If you don't know who he is, google him. He's done a lot and written a lot and the dude can really throw a line. It was just Al and I and I'll be honest, I was a little apprehensive but after spending the day with him I have to say, I've got a new found respect for the guy and not just for his ability to catch fish.
 
"I just want to fish to rising fish with dry flies because I'm old and that's all I want to do anymore..."
 
That's Al's MO. And he's right. He's done enough and caught enough fish and if that's all he wants to do, have at it. We posted up on this fish for about an hour. He threw at least a hundred casts over it. Some of them were right in the pocket. It wouldn't eat. I changed flies and it still wouldn't eat. We finally put it down and saw "this" fish slurp a bug about 50 feet down stream. Al threw one cast and it ate it. That's fishing...
 
Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment