Monday, August 29, 2016

Fun Fishing

 
John LaRue and I headed out with Tanner Duncan and his new boat yesterday for a little fun fishing. People ask me all the time how often I get out and fish for myself. Well, this was once since about mid-May. Was is worth it? Hell yeah. It's good to get out with the boyz and the fishing was pretty damn good.
 
So what kind of fishing do we do? Yesterday was 90% dries with the exception of Tanner throwing a dropper off his hopper for about an hour until he realized I was getting more opportunities on top with the ant dropper. As with most days, it started out good and then we hit a lull for a couple hours and then...a flying ant hatch and all hell broke loose. The wind shifted out of the North and casting became a chore even for the pros, which made the fishing tough although, Tanner was still stroking them pretty good out of the front of the boat right up until the end.  
 
I know I've said this before but I can't say it enough, don't sleep on August. If it wasn't worth fishing, we wouldn't have been out there. With hunting season coming up and school starting for John and Tanner, we would have had a lot of better things to do if we thought it was going to suck. It definitely didn't suck and again, for being the weekend, we only saw a handful of boats.
 
Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment