Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Good Night 2016 Gun Season

 
The 2016 General Big Game Gun Season has come to close out here in Montana with less than a big bang for many hunters. The weather was the big story with a lack of snow and the highs reaching into the 50's for most of the season. That weather kept a lot of hunters from participating and thus, a less than average harvest rate for elk. Deer harvest was up in a lot of areas, however. If you're still looking to get an elk, there are opportunities as the shoulder seasons are still open and in many areas and will stay open until the end of January and even into February.
 
As for my season, it's been fun and educational for sure. I've seen a ton of new ground and chased a lot of deer around. I wasn't looking for elk because I had already shot mine during bow season. As I wrote in the last blog entry, I decided to burn my deer tag on the second-to-last day of the season on a nice whitetail and now I'm looking forward to actually having weather come in and ducks coming down with it.
 
Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment