Monday, November 14, 2016

Scerenity...

 
 
This was the view from the other night, looking out over the Dearborn Ranch from some adjacent State land. I've been putting off blogging for the last week because I knew I'd probably say something that would piss a lot of people off about the election. Let me just say this one thing before I move on: It's incredibly disappointing and embarrassing to have to tell an eight-year old that he shouldn't use the next President of the United States as a role model.
 
Now, let's hunt.
 
I've been doing a ton of hiking and driving looking for that monster mule deer. I've driven at least 1400 miles, hiked up and down more miles than I can count and have passed on dozens of bucks. I almost hit one with my truck that I would have shot in a second but those don't count. I've been having a lot of fun exploring but the more miles I put on, the more I start talking myself into just shooting a whitetail and being done with it. My strategy will continue to be to get far enough away from the truck so that I don't give in. I'm not going to pack anything several miles unless it's worth it.
 
Back to the Rocky Mountain Front today. Jill and I saw some good bucks there a couple days ago. It was a great hike but we ran out of time and couldn't get a great look at a couple bucks chasing does. Wish me luck.
 
Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment