Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Kicking Off the 2017 Season with Fatty Browns

 
I usually have a few days in the books by now but with the weather going up and down and people holding off until there's a little more stability, I've had a bit of a slow start. It's all good though because honestly, I've really only seen a few days this spring that I'd want to fish. The wind has been crazy and the barometer has been doing burpies and when I see guys getting their asses blown all over the river and I'm sitting in my shop tying flies, there's a sense of calm that comes over me and it's kind of nice. Yesterday was the first official trip for Montana Dream Fishing Outfitters and you know what? The weather couldn't have been better. And look at that fatty brown, hen! Nice work Aaron.
 
The weather is what it is and it should start coming around but you know what we do have working for us? Bus! Delicious bugs. BWO's and midges are blanketing the river right now and with the right conditions, fish are happy mowing through them. In a week or so we'll start seeing March browns and then caddis and with the flows, the channels will fill up and those browns will be lurking right along the willows. It's going to be fun. We still have opening here at MDFO for spring specials so give us a call.
 
Keep 'em where they live...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment