Saturday, June 10, 2017

Recon of the Rocky Mountain Front


This is what I do on my days off. I look for places to fish when conditions are less than desirable for the Missouri River. This particular day didn't work out so much for the fishing, (tight water and a few small fish,) but the views were spectacular.

Predicting what's going to happen on the Mo this year has been tough. I told you in my last post that it will probably come up and the dry fly fishing would get tough and it did. They kicked up the flows to just over 10,000cfs but fish were still pretty happy with riding the wave and chowing bugs on top. I would have guessed we would get even higher flows since what's going into the reservoirs right now is over 15,700cfs but again, I'm wrong. Yesterday they dropped the flows back to 8,400cfs so play on! Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment