Sunday, July 2, 2017

All work and no play?

 
Yep, this week I was one of "those" guys--tooling around the lake on a wave runner, scaring all the fish. To be fair, if you're going out to Canyon Ferry on the weekend, you should expect some traffic. The lake was made for fun and there were hundreds of us out there on a perfect day, yesterday. The wind was down. The sun was out. The water was perfect.
 
A guy once said to me while getting trolled on a Facebook feed that I must be a pretty crappy guide if I had time to respond to comments on social media instead of working. I thought about it for a minute and then really started appreciating the fact that I live in one of the world's most beautiful places; where there are thousands of ways to have fun and enjoy life and why should I dwell on not working one day?
 
Yesterday was my first day off in a while and I won't get another one for a little over a week. I see that I have a lot of days I'd like to book coming up but you know what? If I don't book them, I'm going to get back to living life and doing things with the people that matter the most. I've spent the last 10 years working just about every day of the summer and when I wasn't working, I was too tired to really do much of anything. I think this year, instead of stressing to book up my summer, I'm going to do some fishing myself.
 
Keep 'em where they live... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment