Friday, November 30, 2018

Patiently Waiting


Cutter has been cooped up all fall, waiting for his turn to do his job. I feel bad. I've been neglecting him as I chase elk and deer. I usually get out a few times for ducks and geese before Thanksgiving but this year's been a little different. I haven't shot and elk and it took me until the last weekend to punch the deer tag. So Cutter had to wait and unfortunately, we missed the first big wave of waterfowl to hit the Missouri because of it. Now he patiently waits again as the weather has gotten nice and the birds are gone. We need snow and cold! 

We did get out on the river a couple times this week and didn't fire a shot. The birds that are around are pretty decoy shy unless you find a grain field they want to be in. So I'm catching up on paperwork for the outfitting business and Cutter waits again. Poor guy.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment