Monday, February 22, 2021

Nick Gevock Talks Montana Legislation that Impacts Hunters


This is a buddy from Bozeman who came up for a little perch fishing a couple days after we recorded the last podcast. In that podcast, we discussed how poor the ice-fishing was. Well, things have changed and the fish and chips are amazing. 


Nick Gevock Talks Montana Legislation that Impacts Hunters: Nick Gevock, from Montana Wildlife Federation,  joins The Montana Dream Cast as we discuss legislation that will have an impact on hunters and outfitters in Montana.

In the last episode, Nick Gevock was talking about many of the bills that are coming up in this legislative session that will have an impact on our hunting and fishing out here. I told you I would share some links if you'd like to learn more or become more involved so here you go:

www.montanawildlife.org



I also said I would share a video from hunting this archery season. Here's the cow with spidey sense...


One other bill I would like to talk about, and I will soon at some length, is the bill that was passed that will expand people's ability to carry weapons in more places out here in Montana like bars and college campuses. I'm not going to elaborate right now until I get more info but I will soon. All I can say at this point is it's obvious that our overly represented, republican law-makers in this state think they know more than the professionals and scientists that actually study things like gun violence, domestic terrorism, and even elk populations. The arrogance of these legislators and our newly elected governor is disappointing to say the least. 

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment