Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Let's Go Hunting!!

 


It's been a pretty amazing fishing season this year. I've geared my efforts towards novices to the sport and people who really want to learn how to fish and it's been a lot of fun. Most memorable were the kids; the fourteen-year-old grandson who his grandmother paid for four days of floating and wade fishing, the fifteen-year-old champion barefoot water-skier, and all the parent/kid two-sums. I also had the pleasure of putting together a trip of newly graduated teens as an awesome graduation gift from some really cool parents. Get your kids out there. I guarantee, once they tie into a Missouri River bow, they won't miss their screens except to post about how awesome fly-fishing is. 

Now, it's on to hunting. I'll still be on the river for a few trips from the end of September through October, but for the next eight days, I'll be chasing rutted up elk. This is what I dream of for 11 months out of the year. I'm dialed in and excited to get after it. As with every year, you can follow the successes and epic fails here. 

Also, I drew an antelope tag for Northeastern Montana. If you remember from last year, I took a trip out there, hunting birds and deer. It was so much fun, I put in for a goat tag and with only a 21 percent success rate in that area, I won! I'm excited because I really like antelope meat. (Pronghorn for you flat landers.) If you've never had it, you should. Don't believe the folks that claim it's gamey. If taken care of and prepared properly, it's the most tender and least gamey of all the wild game I've eaten. 

Follow along. Today is day one!

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment