Saturday, June 28, 2014

Favorites

 
Buzz decided to bring his wife Tricia out this week for her first fly fishing trip. Buzz usually has his buddy Ron with, who will get his chance tomorrow but Tricia finally got to tag along the other day and I'm glad she did; somebody had to do the catching. These guys are truly a couple of my favorite clients. Regardless of the fishing, and we've had some pretty epic days, Buzz is one of the funniest dudes I know and his wife is the perfect compliment to him. Ron's also a great guy, with a perspective I definitely appreciate. I'm looking forward to spending Sunday with them.
 
Remember a couple months ago when I said sometimes you have to just keep getting deeper to find them in tough conditions? Maybe I should have listened to my own advise. It's that time of year when the water drops and if there are bugs, fish look up and you can usually go shallow and have great days. You kind of take it for granted. It's a lot easier for clients to throw shorter, lighter rigs and if it's working, you just let it roll. It wasn't working the other day...So yesterday, I finally decided to add weight, go deep-deep, and fish the middle of the river and there you have it.
 
As for fishing reports, one of the best days I've had was two days ago with a single out of the Trout Shop. This is one of many that Larry would bring to the net on streamers and on dries.
 
 
 
 
I love guys like this. We started out early and saw that we were going to have weather all day. We had fished two days before together and nymph fished most of the day in the sun and did pretty well but the conditions were great for going down low and rolling the dice and Larry was all in. It worked out pretty damn well for us with the big boys being hungry and willing to eat moving targets in the morning and in the afternoon, blind-casting caddis and PMD's and having every fish in the river looking up--epic.
 
Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment