Thursday, July 10, 2014

I Like Big Browns

 
I can not lie. I like big browns...This is Freddy with a really good brown down low. We did tape it at 22 1/4 inches just to make a point. I know there are bigger fish down there. I've seen the pics and I trust some of those who have said they've taped two-footers but it's been a while since I've actually taped one. A few years ago we would get one or two of these guys almost daily and the two-footer was a weekly thing. Now, there are a ton of the 18 to 20's but the two-footer is pretty damn elusive.  You were close Freddy. Maybe today is the day.
 
What is happening down low is that there are a ton of fish and they are happy eating tricos in the sun. They'll even eat a hopper from time to time. We got our first fish on a hopper a couple days ago. (I love me some hopper eats.) Just remember, if the fish down there get stubborn, it's a long 9 1/2 mile joy ride. You better have a lot of jokes to tell.
 
FWP was out in force as well. It's good to see them checking folks. It's a little frustrating when they pull up while you're on a pod but I'd rather deal with that, having them have some presence than not.
 
Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment