Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good Bye Fat Bottom Girl!


That's right! I sold the RO yesterday, which means I'll make it through the end of the off-season without having to beg for food...and I can add boat salesman to my resume.


No worries. I have a new boat for the season, which was a boat I got off of one of my clients. It's an LP Clack with a galvanized trailer that he's letting me pay off over the next couple seasons as long as I take him fishing while he's in town. That's a fair trade if you ask me and the price was right. In fact, I'm only paying a couple hundred more than what I got for the RO.


It was a little sad seeing the 'ole girl go. I rowed her for 4 seasons and was able to make a considerable amount of money off the initial investment of $4,200. Having sold it for $3,800, I think I did pretty well. I did put plenty of work into it but in all, I think the guy got a great boat for the price and I was able to purchase a ticket for the Trout Unlimited banquet last night...and a bottomless pint of beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment