Monday, May 16, 2011

Bridge to Bridge

Ok, so I have to be honest, I don't like floating from the Wolf Creek Bridge to Craig. I just don't. There are usually way too many people and although I know there are fish, I just don't like to feel like I'm competing with all the other guides up there. It's true. I'm not afraid of not catching fish or having someone have a better day than me. I just don't like the crowds. The problem is, sometimes it's the only place to really get 'em.

I hadn't even fished between Wolf Creek and Craig for probably a month but today was a guide day and yesterday, although the company was more than just a little fantastic, (I fished with a couple really cute girls for fun,) the fishing down by Cascade SUCKED! So I had to follow suite and fish up top.

Even with the wind and the lack of talent in the boat, (self admitted by the way,) we caught plenty of fish today. There were a couple slow spots but in all, a very good day. However, I do hope the water starts to come down on the Dearborn soon so we can start heading downstream. Fishing around a dozen or more boats just isn't that much fun.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment