Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lesson Two...

A dog's nose knows...a dog's nose is also INCREDIBLY sensitive as it turns out. Cutter found himself another porcupine yesterday. This time he got hit pretty hard. He was good with me pulling out the first few quills but once we got to his nose...

My cousin, who is a veterinarian, suggested I give him 100mg of benadryl and a couple of beers to put him to sleep in order to pull the last 8 or 9 quills out. Well, Cutter doesn't like beer and the benadryl barely calmed him down. We did manage to get them all though and I'm sure Cutter and I will be friends again soon.

The quills do hurt and I can tell you that first hand. As we were wrestling around on the ground I rolled over a quill I had pulled out and discarded; got me in the ass. Yep, that's right the quill went through my hunting pants, long underwear and right into my left cheek--can't be nearly as bad as having a half-dozen stuck in the nose though.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment