Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Windy as...

The Chicago group left the other day--a great group of guys but they could have taken the wind with them. The day after they left we literally had gusts up to 50 mph. One of the guys (Craig Bradley,) stayed back to do some more fishing. I took him down to Cascade, which might sound like a suicide mission but honestly, it wasn't as bad as one might think. It was blowing but at least it was consistent. We chucked streamers all day and boated a number of fish--lost some too but all in all, had a really good time. At one point it was so windy a chunk of bark the size of a football got blown off a big cotton wood tree on one of the islands and smacked me in the back. Scary but kind of funny. Craig's wife arrived that afternoon so we could fish the next day but we post-poned. That type of wind ain't for everyone.

Today I took out a good friend who I've been fishing with for years. He sold me my boat a few years ago and gave me a great deal so I take him out when I can. Dave's also just a really good dude so it's no sweat off my back.

Still windy today but the fish gotta eat, right? We floated from Craig down and nymphed up a bunch on the florecent orange dirt-snake and a hot-bead, pink Ray Charles. I also brought my shotgun for the first waterfowl action of the season. Two shots--one teal and two geese. No lie. I got two geese with one shot. Cutter retrieved the duck but I think geese still wig him out a little.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment