Saturday, November 30, 2013

Ego

November 29th; my last day guiding of the season...for now. We had a family wanting to hit the river while everyone was around for Thanksgiving. The weather worked out for them and the fishing was pretty good I thought. Winter conditions dictate the predominate pattern so go slow and deep.

Like I said, we had a pretty good half-day of fishing. The other boat struggled. Since we were fishing the same stretch, it sucked for him; looking over at my guys doubled up over and over again. It's tough not to let your ego get the best of you in those situations but the reality is, I've been on the other side where this same guide was totally kicking my ass. When that happens all I do is row over and ask what the hell he's doing. No shame. Just want everyone to have fun.

We headed back to Craig and got mixed reports from other folks that were out. If you were willing to go deep, you got 'em. Dries were pretty much non-existent and streamers pulled a few but not a lot. Next week we'll be getting some real weather, which should bring a ton of ducks to the river. If you're willing to fish in single digits, the fishing should be good too.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment