Thursday, October 30, 2014

The Grand Finale

I finished up my last three day stretch this week and don't have anything else on the books. (Disappointing because it's going to go off. If you want to get into so insane fishing, this is the time to do it. No boats. Lots of bugs...) It's that time of the year when getting up in the morning and getting your stuff together gets a little tough. It's cold. It's dark. It's going to be windy...it's the end of the year and I'm beat but it's day one for the new group and they deserve the same effort as my first day of the season so buck up...

What made this trip a lot easier was my clients. These guys come out every year and they have a blast but this year was going to be different and I somehow hit the lottery. One of the guys usually fishes with Dave Carnahan but unfortunately, Dave has been going through some health issues so he's not guiding this year. Fortunately, Dave is doing well and because these guys are the great dudes they are, Dave went from guide to being guided and I was the one to pinch hit for him--three days of good friends, Craig and Dave shooting the shit and loving life and occasionally, catching fish. The season absolutely couldn't have ended better.

Thanks Dave. Thanks Craig and although I want to have the same deal next year, I hope you are feeling good enough to guide Mongo yourself!

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment