Monday, November 10, 2014

Jumping the Gun


With the weather coming in last night, I took the opportunity to set up some decs on the river and try to get in on ducks coming down from Canada with it. I think I was too soon. I saw a flock of widgeons and one flock of mallards and a few local geese. It wasn't great and with the wind shifting in the last hour, I was set up wrong so the few ducks I did have take another look came in from behind me. Because they didn't have a good landing strip they found a better spot to sit down and I never got a shot off.

Today the temps are suppose to stay in the teens and actually start dropping throughout the afternoon. That should get them moving and finding open water on the river. Tomorrow is going to be even colder, which should bring more ducks and geese. We shall see. It's time to bundle up and tuck the calls inside the coat to keep them from freezing. This should be the first wave.

BTW, looks like we jumped over fall and went right to winter. Temps are suppose to stay below freezing for all of this week.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment