Thursday, February 11, 2016

Fishing for Squirrels




So, since the fishing has been a little off and I'm really trying to figure out my computer issues and video editing software, I decided to recycle some videos taken a few years back with Todd Verrill. Some of the footage was taken with a little point and click camera. Some of it was taken with a JVC hard drive digital camera and one shot was taken with the GoPro last week fishing with Big Jim. (I think it's probably pretty obvious which one that was.) The music was mine.

I use to spend a lot of time sitting in my little cottage working out music. I could never get it right but I had fun trying. The song, "Brew Town," was recorded acoustically first but then I started adding stuff to it. I eventually bought a cheap Peavey bass, a starter set of kid drums for $75 and an old Hammond organ for $35. Obviously this wasn't the Hammond Company that made the B3. It was a very cheap organ that you may have seen at your grandma's house, sitting in the back bedroom.

I had some recording software on my laptop and spent a lot of time trying to figure it out along with learning how to play all the different instruments. You ever hear the saying, "less is more?" Well, I re-loaded my recording studio on my new laptop but many of the effects didn't come with it and since I never renewed the license, I couldn't get the plugins. I did load a version of Cubase that came with a Tascam USB  drive that had some effects but was relegated to the bare essentials. I remixed the song I found that it definitely cleared some of the recordings up, not having all of that crap muddying the water so-to-speak.

So here you go. Here's the re-debuting of "Brew Town" and the video, "Fishing for Squirrels." Hope you like it.

Keep 'em where they live...



No comments:

Post a Comment