Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Le' Pelican

 
I went out fishing yesterday by Beaver Creek below the Hauser Dam and saw this guy. Spring has sprung!!
 
Hold on before you get too excited. Spring is not here and with the water temps hovering around 33 degrees, the fishing wasn't very good at all up there so in the words of Aaron Rogers, R-E-L-A-X. As for the rest of the Missouri below the Holter Dam, it should start picking up soon. If the air temps stay warm like this week, it might happen sooner than later. We still need more winter though so let's not be too eager for spring to come.
 
As for the pelican, I can only guess that it's a left-over from last year. In fact, there was another dead one on the bank. This guy swam over to it once we left the area and stood next to it for while--kind of sad really. I wasn't sure if he was also injured but Cutter helped answer that question while it was up on the bank and yes, this guy did have a broken wing. Cutter has gotten pretty good at tackling geese but a pelican is way bigger than he wanted to mess with. No harm, no foul. Both walked away from the encounter.
 
My computer woes are back. Yep. Just when I thought I had her licked I tried editing an audio track in Corel VideoStudio X8 and the program crashed. I restarted the program, restarted the computer, went through all the shell extensions but no dice. Every time I open the sound mixer, the program crashes. You ever hear the expression, "Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater?" Well, if my computer is the baby and the program is the water, that baby doesn't have long to live. I'll wait long enough for Corel to email me back.
 
Keep 'em where they live...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment