Saturday, November 19, 2016

Perspective in Hunting

 
Can you see it? There was a time where I wouldn't have thought twice about taking this whitetail buck but things change. I've had the opportunity to take many of these guys this year as well as dozens of mule deer bucks that were much bigger but still not what I'm looking for. Mitch Kowalski and I ran into another one last night that caused us to hoof it up the drainage about a quarter mile to get a better look but in the end, he's still chasing does. Just not what I was looking for.
 
The weather out here has been the big story for this gun season and it doesn't look like it's going to get any better. I guess that comes down to perspective though. We need cold and snow to get the elk to come out of the high country and it looks like more 50 degree weather for the rest of the season that closes next weekend.
 
As for the deer, they'll still do their thing and be chasing does but the really big ones that hold up on the Rocky Mountain Front will stay up there until winter sets in. I'll be honest, I'm starting to think I might have to go to my little honey hole and shoot a whitetail just to have some venison.
 
Keep 'em where they live...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment