Monday, November 27, 2017

Time To Shine


The 2017 regular gun season for big game is closed now, so Cutter; you're up. That's right. We're going to load up the Meat Wagon with decoys and start getting after it really soon. 

If you're wondering about the "Meat Wagon," we had a little competition on The Montana Dream Cast to name my recent purchase of a duck/hunting boat and Scott Hirschi ruined it by coming up with the only real option so Meat Wagon it is. Look for T-shirts soon.

I actually have been out a couple times for waterfowl with some success. I've just been so busy cutting up meat from deer and elk that I didn't get a chance to report on it. It's kind of that early season, mixed bag time of the year so with the a few mallards I've been getting redheads, shovelers, gadwalls, and widgeons. We did a little taste test on the podcast where I cooked up the redheads and widgeons and I have to say, they were pretty damn good. That surprised me because redheads are diver ducks and I usually think those are pretty nasty. I was wrong. Check out the podcast for the full review:

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-8szuc-7cd7b0

Also, here's a link to Hank Shaw on Amazon so you can check out some of his cooking books. I used some of his tips from 'Duck, Duck, Goose' to cook the ducks. 

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hank+shaw&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=181896915313&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=1796844229034116896&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9021229&hvtargid=kwd-11480170655&ref=pd_sl_5dbz3jth8g_b_p19

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment