Friday, December 1, 2017

What To Do?


I'm sitting here in my office, watching the geese fly by and I'm struggling with what to do this afternoon. Go hunting! Right? Well, I did that a couple days ago and it would appear that the ducks and geese that are around, have it all figured out. I watched as ducks landed in spots that you couldn't get to and geese sat in their little holding spots until 15 minutes before sunset, got up, flew 200 yards into a field and sat back down. In the spots you could get to, where there were birds; once they were bumped, they wouldn't come back.

"What are your options?" One might ask.

Well, I could put the Meat Wagon in and try a new spot or I could clean my shop and have a couple beers later at the local brewery and wait for weather to bring the freshies.

It seems like this is the time of the year where guys like me are chomping at the bit to get out and shoot some waterfowl so we'll jump the gun, so-to-speak and put the time into setting up decoys and building blinds and then sit for a couple hours only to watch hundreds of golden eyes fly by. The local ducks have moved on and although we had some weather pushing ducks down a few weeks ago, the snow has melted and those ducks have either moved on as well or they've spread back out along the front in little pockets of open water.

The beer is starting to look good but I keep seeing those damn geese flying by my window...dang!

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment