Monday, December 4, 2017

I Chose Beer


I know, everyone was waiting to hear if I went hunting or went for beers last Friday. Well, here you go. And if you haven't been to Ten Mile Creek Brewery yet, check them out the next time you're on the walking mall in Helena. The Montana Dream Cast definitely appreciates their support with sponsoring us. They provide the 'muscle,' if you know what I mean. When things go a bit south during the show, it's usually because we're a growler deep. Check it out, http://montanadream.podbean.com/ and remember, if there was beer in heaven it would probably be from Ten Mile Creek Brewery!

As for the waterfowl hunting, it has yet to materialize. We got early snow and cold about a month ago, which made it good for a while but that was also during the big game gun season. I got out a couple times after punching my tags and did well but those days are gone. We need more snow and more cold. 

Last night a couple inches dropped in the valley so today could be the day. We were out in it yesterday and didn't fire a shot. This has happened before though, were it's the day after all the snow when things get good but I'm not sure last night's storm was significant enough. The rest of the week looks like it will warm up again and no more snow in site so if it's not today, then we'll have to hope for another bigger system to stir things up. 

I was looking at my blog from last year and it was Dec. 7th when everything turned and the ducks started piling in. It's all weather dependent though and it doesn't look great anytime soon. It could be another late, epic season. We just have to be patient.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment