Thursday, December 21, 2017

Let's Get This Party Started!


The snow we've been waiting for finally came and with it...no ducks. I mean, there are a few but nothing like I would have expected and honestly, (so far anyway,) the 2017 duck season has been a little disappointing. There have been some moments where the ringnecks and the redheads have filled in to make some pretty fun days but we want the mallards. It should be time boys. Let's get this party started!

One of the few mallards I have seen in the past couple days decided to land just upstream from my decoys this morning. As shooting hours approached, he decided to drift down to maybe see if he could get some action. Pour fella. He was just a little lonely. 

Don't get me wrong. This weather has brought a bunch of geese to the Missouri and the guys that have the gear have been hitting them hard. But of course, they figure it out pretty quick and they'll bed down on the big open inside bends where they're pretty safe. 

I'll be heading to Minnesota for a week to visit family over Christmas. I'll also be getting reports from buddies and I'm sure while I'm gone the switch will be flipped and every greenhead in the Pacific Flyway will be on the Missouri. Oh well, they're still time. January can be down right epic.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment