Saturday, December 30, 2017

Emergency Travel Only


Cutter retrieved his last greenhead yesterday at 3:07, just an hour and a half after getting set up. I sent this pic off to Jill, who then responded that there was a local travel ban in Lewis and Clark County for emergency travel only! Well, I do have to go home, right? And with the storms coming through for the last week; knowing the mallards would be piling into the Missouri, wouldn't that be considered an emergency? 

Jill and I were in Minnesota over Christmas. We left Friday the 22nd and were supposed to return yesterday. We were looking at the weather trying to decide if we should drive back a day early to beat the snow. I'm glad we did. Here's a view from our deck this morning. Keep in mind, I shoveled it off half-way through the storm.


We've had bigger storms and I'm definitely not complaining. An hour's worth of shoveling this morning will get Jill and me out of the driveway so she can run errands and I can get back on the river. The greenheads are thick and with the snow tapering off and the sun out, they should be on the move. It's cold. The ponds are froze up. The fields are covered so the warmer water coming out of the dam is the only place to be. And we will be there waiting. 

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment