Monday, February 12, 2018

Winter Projects: Say Goodbye to the Sh#$ House


Yeah, it's still winter. In fact, it just keeps coming and coming so getting out and doing any fishing hasn't been that high on my priorities. Plus, I've been sick as hell so finding the motivation to do much of anything has been tough. However, today I feel good...real good and that might be a problem for this cheap crapper.

Jill and I bought this house in May of 2015. She had just started her new job in Helena and we were kind of desperate to find something. This house was the first house we looked at. The big reason was it was close to a great school and it had an amazing back yard for the dogs and Patrick and to have parties and such. BUT, the entire house looked like this bathroom and they were asking a price that would lead one to believe it had all these amazing upgrades, which it did not. In fact, it was all cheap crap like you see in the picture so we actually kept looking.

After looking at about 20 houses and even contemplating renting while we had a house built, we went back to this house. Again, they were asking way too much for what it had as fixtures and flooring, etc., so we figured we'd offer about $30K less and if we could even get it for $20K less, we could redo a lot of the crap the original building put in on our own. They bit and we bought and we went to work immediately. You can check out the initial remodel here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_jUJIZ4dhQ&t=65s

I was pretty proud of what we were able to accomplish but every time I go into the bathrooms, all I see is crap. Crap lighting, crap counter, crap faucet, crap insert for shower and tub, crap, crap, crap! The rest of the house is actually pretty nice now with solid wood flooring, granite counters, cool fixtures and lighting...and then this crap. It's time to go.

So fishing will be out for a little while. Skiing? Maybe a little. There's a lot of snow so I should hit the hill a few times anyway. The majority of my time, however, will be spent doing something I have absolutely no experience in except for what I did in the remodeling. So follow along as I'm sure I will screw some things up but in the end, I'm confident this bathroom will look better than it does right now.

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment