Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Thanks for the Memories!


If a truck could be a good buddy, this guy was the shit. It was absolutely the most dependable friend on the planet. I realize it's just a hunk of metal but this Nissan Frontier was always there for me when I needed it. I purchased it after totaling my Dodge Durango in 2011. (That vehicle was a piece of junk.) I bought it with 39,000 miles on it. In 6 1/2 years, I put almost another 210,000 on it. I literally didn't put a dime into it with the exception of tires, breaks, servicing the transmission once and oil. 

This winter the old Frontier started showing it's age. When it was really cold, the tranny didn't want to shift real smooth. I figured it was time to beat it to the punch, so-to-speak. I'd ditch it before it ditched me. That seems a little harsh and walking away, I actually felt a little separation anxiety but...it is a hunk of metal and it doesn't have feelings so as much as I appreciate your service buddy, I'll be driving a stud of a truck for the next few years and I'm really looking forward to it. 

Bam!


Comfort and power baby! Why Nissan and not the typical guide pony? Well, Toyota's cost more than Nissans and like I said, I got 247,000 miles out of that Frontier without putting a dime into it so I'm going to with what know. As for the Titan; I always wanted a Titan. The size is perfect for getting clients to and from the river and the V8 will definitely get the job done. As for mileage? I drove it back last night from Idaho Falls and used less than a half-tank of gas. I'm guessing around 18 mpg. Not great but about average for a truck. 

BTW, Dallin at Elite Auto in Idaho Falls was great to work with. Thanks Dallin!

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment