Monday, April 9, 2018

Finding Peace in Fly Fishing


Here's last week's podcast, Finding Peace in Fly Fishing:

Finding Peace in Fly Fishing

This week's podcast is going to be a little different again. I'm flying solo...again. That's right, and although I would love to get back to drinking beer, talking about hunting and fishing and all other things Montana, I haven't found that person to sit in the chair opposite of me yet. So here's the deal; this week I spoke a little bit about the history of "The Montana Dream," how I got into guiding, and also shared a story of that first year as a fishing guide. I do hope you enjoy.

A lot of people have emailed or reached out in other ways, wanting to know what's happening with The Montana Dream Cast. To be honest, I don't know. What is apparent is that Scott is not going to be a part of the podcast moving forward. That's a bummer but it's also just the reality of the climate we live in and how people either align themselves in their pursuits or they don't.

Here's what I would like to happen; I liked the format Big Jim and I developed in the beginning and what Scott and I had continued. It was always the plan to just be normal dudes, hanging out and shooting the shit. I envision that to happen again but I need to find a counterpart to get back there so I'm going to throw it out to all of you to try to fulfill that search. So, let me share a quasi job posting with you and maybe you know someone.

Looking for a dude, or a gal, to spend a couple hours a week, sitting down in The Montana Dream Studios to shoot the shit. We talk about hunting, fishing, guiding, sports, music, and just about anything that is Montana. We also drink beer while we engage in these discussions. Qualified applicants must possess: 


  1. An interest in Montana outdoors.
  2. Knowledge of fly fishing, hunting, hiking, and beer.
  3. A professional attitude.
  4. A command of the mic.
  5. Confidence in public speaking, (especially after having a couple beers.)
  6. Ability to commit to spending a couple hours, once a week in the evening to drink a few beers and record a podcast.
  7. Ability to engage in political discussions as they impact us outdoors men and women in a professional and intelligent manner...(even after a few beers.) 
  8. Dedication and drive to promote The Montana Dream Cast.
  9. An understanding and willingness to use various social media outlets to help with the promotion of The Montana Dream Cast. 
Compensation: None. However, I'm certainly willing to entertain the idea of having other guides or outfitters participate, thereby using the platform to promote their businesses as well. In the future, as opportunities for sponsorship come up, compensation would be re-visited. (Wait a second. We do currently have a sponsor who provides beer so your compensation, beside being able to spend a few hours a week with me, would be beer...good beer.)

So there you have it. I'm looking for a co-host. If you would like to try out for The Montana Dream Cast, or know someone who would, have them visit my website: mdfishingoutfitters.com and shoot me an email. I'd love to hear from you. Until then, I'll be sharing more stories from guiding. 

Keep 'em where they live...





No comments:

Post a Comment