Sunday, December 23, 2018

Muddy Water Blues


If you've known my for a while, you know music used to be a huge part of my life. It was vehicle for me to see nearly half of the US, a good portion of Canada, Japan, Germany and several other European countries. It got me out and about in the off-seasons and even introduced me to other local musicians where I was part of a band called "Parachute Adam." (I know, that was on purpose.) It gave me a little spending money but was never something I really thought I'd pay any bills with. I had fun with it.

The past 5 or 6 years, life got busy and music took a back seat. I gave everything I had to a new love. I don't regret it. It was a choice I made without reservation. There certainly were times that I looked at my guitars hanging in the man cave and felt a little guilty. I was neglecting something that meant so much to me but again, it was a choice and I was proud of other things I was accomplishing like remodeling a house and being part of a family. 

Life takes paths that I, unfortunately, have very little say in and it's because of that, that I find myself with a lot more time on my hands. It's winter so no guiding. The weather has been too nice for the ducks and geese to come to the river and what used to be a priority for me is now gone. 

I recently got my Fender Strat and bass guitar out of storage. I hung them up in my studio in my new home. They look cool anyway. I woke up one morning though, and sat at my computer checking emails, and thinking about ways I could pass the time and fill my mind with more positive thoughts. I stared at my bass for a good twenty minutes or so and decided to do a little thumpin.

I hadn't really picked up my guitars for at least 5 years with the exception of doing some sound bytes for The Montana Dream Cast. The bass...that's been probably closer to 7 years. I started laying down some tracks and twelve hours later...well, check out the YouTube video above. I know. It's a little weird but it is therapy. You'll probably be seeing more of this. Just sayin. 

Keep 'em where they live... 

Oh yeah, and Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment