Sunday, March 24, 2019

Season Prep--Goose Sticks and Czech Nymphs




I've already been doing some guide trips as winter is quickly fading and the sun has finally come out. Some of the pre-season chores include ordering gear, cleaning up the boat and fixing tail lights on the trailer, sending rods back that were broken last year and smoking tons of goose snack sticks. Yep, that's right; I started smoking my own snack sticks and last year they were a big hit with guests. If you fish with me, you'll get a taste of Montana for lunch that will hopefully knock your socks off. Watch for BB's though...

It's also time to tie flies. Check out the latest video and if you want to see more, I've posted a few fly tying videos on The Montana Dream YouTube page under "At the Bench."


I tie for necessity and try to share patterns that are quick and easy and really catch fish. The Czech nymph is one of those flies that can be tied in about a minute and will work most of the year. 

Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment