Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Dressing Up the Fort







I went antiquing the other day and picked up a Hoosier hutch and antique table with chairs. I've never seen a table that opens up like this one but after talking with some folks, I know it's not that rare; still cool though. 

As for the hutch, for those not familiar, it's a bread making station. There's a large bin on the right that holds a ton of flour. There's also a sifter on top that you can see that is normally mounted inside the cabinet. You dump flour in from on top and you can sift it into a bowl or onto the counter top that extends out for kneading the bread. I've seen these all over the place; usually made out of tin but this one is solid oak. I'm going to turn it into a martini bar. 

I also spent the last couple days figuring out a way to close off my bedroom. I bought barn-door hardware online and then built these doors. 



The Fort is taking shape. There's still some work but I can certainly feel comfortable now living here. Heat is still an issue but I'm getting by with inferred wall-heaters. I'll probably be more motivated to get a more sustainable solution once I get my electric bill. 

The guide season is going to be quickly coming upon us. I feel like I'm way ahead of where I wanted to be by this point. I think it's time to relax and have some fun. There is the situation with the yard, however.



Keep 'em where they live...

No comments:

Post a Comment