Friday, November 27, 2020

2020, Tagged Out


Every deer is unique and every hunt is unique. That's part of what get's me up in the morning. I had originally gone into this deer season with the goal of shooting a monster mule deer. I haven't done that yet. I have good whitetails on the wall, a huge antelope and a really nice elk. I just want one really good representation of a mule deer. I passed on dozens of mule deer bucks but when this whitetail presented a shot and he was only a few hundred yards from the truck, on the right side of the river; I said screw it and pulled the trigger. I'd rather eat whitetails anyway. 


Taking photos that reveal exactly where you're hunting is a bit sacrilegious. It's kind of the hunter/angler code to answer with a vague, "Oh, up north..." response to that question of, "Where'd you get 'em?" If you're familiar with the Rocky Mountain Front, you know exactly where this deer was taken and you know what? I'm ok with that. So many people dream of hunting in such amazing places like Montana and don't get the chance. I feel blessed to be able to share this with you.

Keep 'em where they live...and wear the damn mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment