Monday, November 16, 2020

Mule Deer Hunting in Eastern Montana


This was the view as Scott Hirschi and I headed into the hills of Eastern Montana to chase monster mule deer. It made me realize that maybe I should take advantage of these mornings more instead of allowing a warm bed to coerce me into dragging my heals, drinking coffee and watching the Dan Patrick show. 

Eastern Montana is full of wildlife and views and doesn't get near the pressure of the western part of the state. Coyotes, pheasants and sharpies, deer, elk...and we walked for three days with only seeing one other hunter hiking off-road. And there are these...


Scott sealed the deal on this nice buck on day two. I passed on a couple and just couldn't find, "the one." It's all good though. I had a great time and saw lots of animals and I still have a couple weeks left.

Keep 'em where they live...and just wear the damn mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment